2018 Mazda6 Safety
The 2018 Mazda6 provides safety features that have helped this model earn praising reviews and top safety scores from accredited sources such as the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Learn more about the Mazda6 safety ratings as well as the technology that helped earn those scores with us at Mazda of Gastonia.
What Are the Mazda6 Safety Ratings?
The Mazda6 safety ratings differ from the IIHS to the NHTSA as both rate on different scales. These institutions gave the Mazda6 the following ratings:
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Rating: The Mazda6 received the “Top Safety Pick” rating from the IIHS with a “Good+” score for easy to use child seat anchors, a “Superior” mark for front crash prevention, and a “Good” score in crashworthiness for roof strength, head restraints and seats, small overlap front, moderate overlap front, and side.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Rating: The overall safety score is a 5-star rating. There is also a 5-star rating for the front and side crash tests as well as a 4-star rating for the rollover crash test.
Mazda6 Safety Features
Airbags, traction and stability control, and high-strength cage aside, the Mazda6 provides the safety features you’ll want when driving around Kings Mountain. This includes the available i-ACTIVSENSE® safety suite of driver-assist features. Some of the technology included in this system are:
- Lane-Keep Assist
- Traffic Sign Recognition System
- Adaptive Front Lighting System
- Smart Brake Support
- Advanced Smart City Brake Support
- Blind Sport Monitoring
- High Beam Control
- Lane Departure Warning System
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop and Go
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Experience the Safety of the Mazda6 at Mazda of Gastonia
Visit us at Mazda of Gastonia near Gastonia to take the new Mazda6 for a test drive. Want to learn more about this model’s performance features or interior technology? Make the trip to our dealership and explore everything the Mazda6 has to offer. Contact us today with any questions in the meantime.
More About the 2018 Mazda6
The 2018 Mazda6 provides safety features that have helped this model earn praising reviews and top safety scores from accredited sources such as the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Learn more about the Mazda6 safety ratings as well as the technology that helped earn those scores with us…
Leading critics from Edmunds, Kelley Blue Book, and elsewhere have put the 2018 Mazda6 through its paces and come back impressed. Explore these excerpts before you take a closer look at Mazda of Gastonia near Kings Mountain: Edmunds: “The sharp-looking Mazda 6 proves family sedans don’t require settling down.” Kelley Blue Book: “More fun to drive than many of its…
The 2018 Mazda6 naturally projects sportiness through its KODO “Soul of Motion” design, but its image is far more than a mere façade. The Mazda6 backs up its keen looks with a confident powertrain, premium performance, and efficiency that can only be achieved by way of Mazda’s SKYACTIVⓇ-G technology. Critics are big fans of its…