Community Spotlight: The Fig Tree Restaurant
After a day of exploring the Gastonia area, sit back and relax with a decadent meal and a glass of wine at the historic Fig Tree Restaurant. At The Fig Tree, you will enjoy a unique dining experience in one of five stunning dining rooms, or on the veranda and patio during warmer weather.
Between the restaurant’s aesthetics, their full-service bar, and delectable food, you will be sure to have an amazing evening with your friends and family.
About The Fig Tree
The Fig Tree Restaurant is located in Charlotte’s Elizabeth neighborhood inside a 1900’s Craftsman-style bungalow known as the Lucas House, which was named after its original owners, John Paul and Alice Craft Lucas. The restaurant received its name from the Brown Turkey fig trees that are located on the property.
While enjoying your foodie experience, you can enjoy the beautiful woodwork of the home as well as the blooming fig trees.
An Experience for Your Taste Buds
At The Fig Tree, the chefs take pride in creating dishes that taste good and make you feel good. The menu is subject to change at any time, but you can enjoy a range of dishes, including:
- Artisan Cheese Plate: Chef’s nightly selection of artisan cheeses and accompaniments.
- Sea Bass and Lobster: Maine lobster tail over sautéed sea bass with saffron risotto and lobster ragù.
- Elk Chop: Coffee-crusted grilled New Zealand elk chop over sautéed root vegetables, brussels sprouts, red wine reduction, and rosemary pesto.
- Mezzaluna: House-made mushroom and ricotta mezzaluna pasta with sautéed spinach, caramelized onion-fig chutney, and porcini cream sauce with rosemary breadcrumbs.
To pair alongside your delicious meal, choose a wine from their current list, including:
- Alex Gambal Bourgogne Chardonnay 2017, Burgundy
- Domaine Mejan-Taulier Canto Perdrix 2017, Tavel France
- Sea Smoke Sea Spray Blanc de Noirs 2012, Sta. Rita Hills
Enjoy a Dining Experience at The Fig Tree
If you are near the Gastonia area and your mouth is watering from one of these amazing dishes mentioned, be sure to visit The Fig Tree for a one-of-a-kind dining experience! To ensure you have a table, you have the option to call ahead to make reservations.
To learn more about The Fig Tree Restaurant, browse through their Facebook page.