2016.5 Mazda CX-5 vs. 2016 Nissan Rogue
2016.5 Mazda CX-5
2016 Nissan Rogue
Elegance meets power in the all new 2016.5 Mazda CX-5, which serves up unbeatable engine power, high rates of efficiency, and a bevy of cutting-edge technologies and safety devices to keep Gastonia drivers secure and entertained on the open road. Still on the fence? Take a look at how the Mazda CX-5 stacks up to one of its competitors, the 2016 Nissan Rogue, and see for yourself just how superior the new Mazda CX-5 really is!
Perhaps most importantly, the Mazda CX-5 guarantees serious power without sacrificing any of its fuel economy.
- The 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 – Not only is the Mazda CX-5 powered by a mammoth SKYACTIV®-G 2.5L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine with VVT that generates an impressive 184 hp and 185 lb-ft of torque, it also boasts top-notch efficiency rates, achieving 35 mpg on the highway and 26 mpg in the city.
- The 2016 Nissan Rogue –Even with the Rogue’s 2.5L 4-cylinder engine promising comparable fuel economy, it fails to follow through when it comes to horsepower, providing drivers only 170 hp and 175 lb-ft of torque.
Then there’s the Mazda CX-5’s entertainment options, which are designed to make your drive as enjoyable as it will be dependable.
- The 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 – There’s probably no better place to start when it comes to enumerating the Mazda CX-5’s technological offerings than MAZDA CONNECT™, which enables you to seamlessly integrate your smartphone into the controls of the Mazda CX-5, allowing easy access to contacts, music, apps and more. The Mazda CX-5 also gives you Bluetooth® connectivity and HD Radio to ensure there’s never a lull in your trip.
- The 2016 Nissan Rogue – The Rogue, too, gives you Bluetooth® connectivity, as well as streaming radio stations, yet it cannot offer phone-to-car integration the compares to the Mazda CX-5’s comprehensive MAZDA CONNECT™ system.
Stellar Safety Systems
The 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 is also equipped with an array of advanced safety devices to keep you and your passengers safe and sound as you make your way to your destination.
- The 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 – The Mazda CX-5 comes standard not only with a sophisticated airbag system, but also with Dynamic Stability Control to ensure that you remain stable on the highway and both Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Traffic Alert systems to alert you of the presence of cars outside of your range of vision.
- The 2016 Nissan Rogue – Similar to the Mazda CX-5, the Rogue supplies you with Lane Keep Assist, Cross Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Information system, and also a 180-degree camera.
While it’s clear the Nissan Rogue does its best to try and keep pace with the Mazda CX-5’s technological and safety offerings, there’s no getting around the price tag. If you’re looking for a crossover SUV with high-end amenities at a fraction of the cost of the competition, the Mazda CX-5 provides a value that’s unbeatable.
- The 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 – MSRP from $21,795
- The 2016 Nissan Rogue – MSRP from $23,330
Test Drive the 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Today!
You don’t have to take our word for it – simply visit Momentum Mazda, located at 4811 Wilkinson Boulevard in Gastonia, or complete and submit this online form, to arrange a test drive of a new Mazda CX-5 from our inventory. In addition to offering a lifetime powertrain warranty and upfront pricing everyday, Momentum Mazda guarantees you a 3-day/300-mile exchange program as part of “The Momentum Experience!” So don’t delay – experience the luxury and excitement of the new Mazda CX-5 today!