2017 Mazda3 Safety Features
Available in both sedan and hatchback versions, the 2017 Mazda3 is a compact car that’s positively brimming with advanced safety features that, along with its high safety ratings, will instill confidence in even the most discerning consumers. The i-ACTIVSENSE® package is replete with driver assist safety features, and the Mazda3 has even earned top scores from both the IIHS and NHTSA. Whether you’re running a few errands around Mt. Holly or enjoying a leisurely weekend drive through Shelby, the new Mazda3 will keep everyone in your car safe and secure.
i-ACTIVSENSE® Safety Suite
If safety on the road is a priority for you and your family, then you’ll be happy to learn about the Mazda3’s advanced i-ACTIVSENSE® package of safety features. This package uses sensors, cameras, and warnings to help prevent and mitigate accidents. Here’s a look at what’s included:
- Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring – Receive an audio and visual warning when there’s a vehicle in your blind spot.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – Get an alert when a vehicle is quickly approaching you from the side.
- Lane Departure Warning – If you’re drifting out of your lane, this feature warns you, so that you may then correct your drift.
- Lane Keep Assist – Most effective on straight roads, Lane Keep Assist makes automatic corrective measures to keep you centered in your lane.
- Smart City Brake Support – If a vehicle is in front of you, and a collision is imminent, this feature applies the brakes and prepares the vehicle to stop at speeds between 2-18 MPH.
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control – This adaptive cruise control feature detects the distance between you and the car in front of you and makes automatic speed changes, so you don’t have to turn off cruise control.
- High Beam Control – Never again worry about potentially blinding drivers around you, thanks to this feature which automatically turns your high beams on and off based on whether or not there’s a vehicle nearby.
- Adaptive Front Lighting – See what’s coming around the corner, thanks to this feature’s ability to adjust the angle of the headlights, allowing the light to actually wrap around the bend.
Other Safety Features
Every Mazda3 comes with an abundance of standard safety features. You can look forward to a standard rearview camera, antilock disc brakes, stability and traction control, and a suite of airbags to keep front and rear seat passengers safe from harm in case of a collision.
The Mazda3 has also earned high praise from both of the primary safety rating agencies:
- IIHS – The Mazda3 earned the IIHS’s coveted Top Safety Pick+ rating, including the top score of “Good” in every crash test and the top rating of “Superior” for Front Crash Prevention.
- NHTSA – On top of that, the Mazda3 earned five out of five stars in government crash safety tests.
Want to Stay Safe Behind the Wheel? Take Home the 2017 Mazda3
Across the board, the 2017 Mazda3 leaves no room for doubt: this is a safe car that you can rely on day in and out. At Momentum Mazda, we carry the Mazda3 in both sedan and hatchback configurations, each of which are available in a variety of trim levels. Visit us at 4811 Wilkinson Boulevard in Gastonia, NC, just 30 minutes from Shelby and only 15 minutes from Mt. Holly; we’re right across the street from MS PowerSports. If you want to schedule a test drive, simply contact us today!